Why do developers love working at night? It’s a super interesting question. All programmers and developers have spent at least a couple of crazy nights writing legendary code.
Personally, I too have made immense progress at my work when I work at night.
So through this post lets look at some logical and illogical reasons for why any developer might prefer working at night:
- No interference: High chances that whoever you live with won’t stay up the night with you to look at you be a nerd in front of your laptop. You can focus on whatever task you have in front of you.
- Problems are for the day: The real life problems are generally for the day. From the moment a developer wakes up to the time the sun sets, he has to deal with all the real life problems, which leaves very little mental space to focus on his work and give it his 100%. At night, its perfect to forget all about that and just do your thing.
- Quietness: When the whole world is sleeping, no noisy neighbours, no continuously honking cars… What better time to work than this?
- The Midnight Snacks: Aren’t they the best? The fun of having snacks post midnight with your favorite drink and being the boss developer in front of your machine is a surreal feeling which you just have to stay up at night for.
- Scientific Reasons: It’s said that people with higher IQs generally stay up till late. And people that work till late are generally smarter. So with all the above benefits, working at your peak time obviously is the best.
Have any more reasons you can think of? Comment below and let’s see how far we can stretch this list.